In addition to the basic beliefs we share, our core values direct the methods by which we live out our beliefs
1. Jesus is the Cornerstone: Our goal is to point people to Jesus. Worship, Bible studies, small groups, everything will be done with the goal of pointing people to Christ.
2. We are a Family: A family cares for each other and looks out for each other. The church is a place of refuge from the battleground of life.
3. We are Authentic: There are no games to play, no shows to put on, and no secrets to hide. We take a “what you see is what you get” approach to ministry. People are encouraged to be “real” in their relationships with each other, with their family and with God.
4. We Strive for Excellence: We believe that a commitment to excellence honors God and inspires people.
5. Evangelism is the Priority of Christ and His Church: We are committed to those who are not yet part of the church. Christ Himself said He came to, “seek and save that which was lost.” Every believer has a mission field that they are personally responsible for. It is made up of their friends, relatives, acquaintances and anyone else God puts in their path.
6. Everyone is Called to Serve: The only distinguishing difference between the paid staff and the rest of the congregation, is that the staff have more time to serve. Every person in Christ is gifted and called to serve in the home, in the church and in the workplace. We are all representatives of Christ.
7. We are a Place Where People Can Come as They Are: God accepts everyone “as they are,” but loves them too much to leave them there. We understand that there has only been one perfect person. . . and He is now in heaven. Therefore we accept each other as we are, faults and all, and will do our best to offer support to one another as we walk the path of spiritual growth.
8. Intimacy with God Changes People: We help connect people to God and help them grow in the spiritual disciplines of the faith. God will do the rest.
9. We are a Praying Church: We are committed to keeping prayer as a central focus of the church. We will provide fresh ideas and offer opportunities for people to pray in a comfortable “safe” environment.
10. We are Culturally Relevant: Preaching, music, small groups and every ministry of the church will strive to be culturally relevant. Jesus was and will always be relevant. We will not be afraid to change.